More people dying from painkillers in Michigan than Coke and Heroin combined.


from http://www.indepression.com/
Two days after my post on overdosing, I see a article in the Detroit Free Press. It was about how more people are dying from painkillers than cocaine and heroin combined...... Especially kids...We know where they get it from. Parents, Grandparents, friends etc.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110711/NEWS06/107110334/Prescription-drug-deaths-soar-Michigan?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s


I didn't know that my friend had overdosed on pills not long ago. She was getting her meds from three different doctors and they didn't know about each other. Of course, isn't that what the pharmacy is supposed to help with? Making sure your meds don't interact with each other? I had thought that they were all hooked up to each other via the internet but i could be totally wrong.

 With alot of these meds, you forget if you have taken them, add alcohol and Voila! OverDose... Or a very bad reaction even without the alcohol. Most of these Medications that are overprescribed by doctors have severe side effects and some of them don't go away. The warning's usually read....Make sure the benefits outweigh the risks. hmmmmm....

if anyone comments on this womens skin color i slap you.

Recently I was on so many medications I had to get one of the daily pill boxes so i wouldn't forget I had taken them. Two months later my heart started to race. Over the next two days I felt worse and worse and I didn't notice.. Thank God I had a doc appt as that is when the crap hit the fan. As I sat in the waiting room, my body started to feel numb, even my teeth. It felt like my body was so heavy that  I couldn't move. The doc walks in and I start to get hysterical. They had never seen me like this.....

Blah blah blah....They give me a drunk driving test and tell me to go to the ER for an EKG and some blood tests. I calmed down as I had to be a mom and make sure the kids were taken care of etc.

THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A BASH ON BEAUMONT- COUGH COUGH AND i'M NOT A DOCTOR...
Fast forward to Beaumonts E.R.- I was put in the hallway in the cardiac part of the ER.  where i was ignored as the nurse flirted with a patient and the sound of heart monitors beeped everywhere. As I had calmed down by then, they firgured...oh she's fine. I had a list of my symptom's and a SCRIPT THAT SAYS STAT FOR BLOODWORK AND AN EKG FROM my doc.


pic from http://www.dietpilluniverse.com/

Remember i am having a REACTION TO MY DRUG COCKTAIL PRESCRIBED BY MY DOC. They took blood and three hours later, gave me a xanax and told me to go home. The doc also didn't do all the tests my doc asked because and I quote "IT WONT HELP US, ONLY YOUR DOCTOR" WTF? They told me to stop taking most of it. DUH. and go see my doc soon. They didn't put a monitor on me, give me any saline in a i.v. bag. or anything DUH! Maybe that was part of the problem.... But i am not a doctor...or a nurse... Not even a glass of water, untill they gave me ativan. I wasn't having an anxiety attack and I don't get panic attacks..

How easy would it for me to have DIED and no one would have known. I was curled up in my blanket with it over my head. The only attention I had was from the CREEPY janitor who looked like a serial killer......

I will never go there again, but that is not the point. Why are we taking so many medications? Why is just about everyone i know on something??? What is wrong with our world????

Comments

Anonymous said…
The biggest drug pushers these days are not the local street thugs pushing illegal substances in tiny ziplock bags anymore. They are Pfizer, Merck, AstraZeneca, and Johnson & Johnson. They no longer promote drugs to your doctor for use in treating your ailments, now they tell YOU (through the media) to go ask your doctor for the drug they want you to be dependant on.
They no longer develop 'cures' for anything because that is a complete solution to your ailment. No, now the focus is on developing 'treatments' because treatments keep you sick but functional and in need of further medication. Therefore they can keep milking you for cash your whole life. Much life the street dealer who wants you hooked on heroin so you NEED to keep coming back to him again and again to get your fix...
Pharmeceutical companies are evil these days. Profit-driven medical industries are evil.
I suggest you avoid any medications they prescribe and seek alternative treatments, lest you spend thousands of dollars each year treating things that are not getting any better and increasing your dependance on substances that are no good for you in the long run...

Popular posts from this blog

Acting Schools and Private Coaches: THE list

Depression…It hurts.

MARTINI SHOT ANYONE??? Detroit 187 wrap party....